Prof Bhik Kotecha
Professor Bhik Kotecha
MB BCh, MPhil, FRCS, DLO
Consultant | Ear, Nose and Throat
Bhik Kotecha is a Consultant ENT Surgeon at Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital and at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. He is an honorary senior lecturer at UCL and an honorary Professor at AUC Medical School, USA. He is the Clinical Lead for ENT at Westland Medical Centre.
He has been appointed as a Consultant since 1995 and is happy to deal with most ear, nose and throat disorders affecting both the paediatric and the adult population. These include problems encountered with the throat, such as voice disorders and swallowing problems, hearing problems, ear infections, dizziness, sinus problems, nasal congestion and allergies.
However, his main sub-special interest is in evaluating and treating patients suffering from snoring, obstructive sleep apnoea as well as other sleep disorders.
He has published widely on various aspects of snoring evaluation and treatment. In order to heighten the awareness of problems associated with snoring and sleep apnoea, he has appeared numerous times on national television and radio. He lectures internationally on this topic. (www.snoringmanagement.co.uk).
- D J Harries Prize in Surgery
- Gold Medal, British Academic Conference of Otolaryngology
- Hospital Doctor team of the Year award for Sleep Medicine
- Past President of the Sleep Medicine Section at the Royal Society of Medicine 2009-2011
- Member of the Court of Examiners at the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Laryngology and Otology
ENT is available Fridays and Saturdays